First Annual Bike Swap May 20
Bring and swap or just come to buy! Bike shops & the public will have great deals to offer bike enthusiast of all skill levels. Just like our annual Ski Swap you can bring in out-grown or no longer needed bike shop brand bikes, parts, accessories, clothing and protective gear.
Drop off times are May 15 – 17 10 am – 4 pm or May 18 and 19 from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Swap starts at 9 a.m. for season pass holders and 10 a.m. for the general public on Saturday, May 20.
Our updated Raptor Mountain Bike Trail will be open for your first preview ride of the season.
Proceeds of the Bike Swap benefit the Powder Ridge Bike Patrol and the Connecticut Cycling Advancement Program.
Pedal Power will be joining us with great deals from their locations.
Looking to sell your used gear?
Download the Bike Swap Retail Inventory Sheet and drop off your items May 15 and May 19.
If you’re looking to sell used equipment …
- Download the required inventory form and fill it out prior to dropping off your gear. Make two copies, one to keep for yourself and one for the Swap team. Do not fill out the Tag Number or Sold Price columns. Gear should be in fair to excellent condition and less than five years old.
- Bring your used gear to Powder Ridge. If you need help pricing your gear, our staff will be able to help you on-site.
- All items are tagged, and you’ll get the tag number so we know the gear belongs to you.
- On Sunday watch the Powder Ridge Park website and Facebook for a listing of items that have sold. (We’ll try to have this list up as soon as possible.)
- Pick up your unsold gear on Sunday by 2 noon. Equipment not picked up will be donated to an organization selected by the organizer.
If you are a ski shop and interested in participating contact us at (866) 860-0208
Frequently Asked Questions
Will you be accepting credit cards for gear purchases?
Yes, we will be accepting credit cards and cash at the Swap. We will not be able to accept checks.
How do I price my gear?
You can use eBay or Craigslist as a general guide to see how much your gear is worth, but we strongly suggest pricing your gear lower than market value to help ensure a sale. We can also help with pricing.
How much do I get if my gear sells?
The owner will receive 80 percent of the sale amount, and a check will be mailed to you within 30 days.
Are there any listing fees?
No. If your gear sells, you get 80 percent, but if your gear does not sell, you pay no fee.
What happens if my gear does not sell?
You’ll need to pick up your gear on Sunday, If you do not pick it up, it will be donated.
How do I get to Powder Ridge?
We’re located at 99 Powder Hill Road in Middlefield, Connecticut.
Will there be food available?
Yes, The Ridgeside Tavern Opens at Noon on Saturday & Sundays located on the second floor of the lodge