Downhill Cardboard Box Sled Race
Join us at Powder Ridge on Saturday, March 17 for our 1st Annual Sled Race. Challenge family, friends and businesses to build the fastest sled and race it down the hill for prizes. The racing starts at noon.
Benefiting: The John Nerden J. RTC Camp (Camp Nerden)
- Design and build a sled of any size using ONLY cardboard, duct tape, paint and any adhesive. Wax is OK.
- NO metal or wood will be allowed. Use of any “illegal materials” will lead to immediate disqualification.
- Sleds must have at least one passenger and there is no limit to the number of passengers on a sled.
- You may have a rescue team “assisting the sled over the finish line.”
- A liability waiver must be signed by all passengers and participants.
- Helmets required for all sled passengers.
Awards will be given out for best design, funniest, most creative helmet and fastest speed. This event is a great team building exercise and loads of fun for everyone involved! Challenge your neighbors and businesses.
Sign up your team – $100 entry fee for each sled in the Team Division. Businesses, friends and coworkers.
We have a special Family Division. $20 per sled. Parents can help build but children must be the passengers.
Camp Nerden has just celebrated its 50th anniversary of serving the community and the special people within it. Supported solely by private funding from local businesses, civic organizations, clubs and individuals, dedicated staff make this camp an invaluable resource every summer for children and adults with special needs.
Purchase your team ticket here. One ticket per sled, you do not need a ticket for everyone on the team. Purchase before Feb. 25th and receive 25% off! Enter coupon code boxsled.
Purchase your family ticket here. Family Sled one ticket per sled. You do not need a ticket for everyone on the team.
Send out the challenge to all your friends and co-workers! Along with purchasing your ticket online for this event, please complete the registration form below.