Annual Ski & Board Swap at Powder Ridge – Nov. 3rd
Mark your calendar for Saturday, Nov. 3rd & 4th for the Annual Powder Ridge Ski & Board Swap in Middlefield, Connecticut. Don’t let that old gear just sit in your closet; sell it! Then get ready for some of the best deals for this season from local shops; plus, you can check out some of this year’s new equipment.
Meet our instructors and learn about all the exciting programs available this season. Information will be available on our Burton Riglet program, Ski & Board Teams, race teams, and our lesson programs
The Powder Ridge Ski Patrol will be visiting and answering questions about how to join their organization and contribute to the sport. The Swap benefits the Powder Ridge Ski Patrol.
Pre-season savings will make your trip to Powder Ridge worth the drive! You can purchase Season Passes on-site, and don’t forget about our Seasonal Leasing Programs that will be available during the Swap weekend.
Fund raising? Ski groups, neighborhoods, schools, and others can get together to sell your gear … contact Powder Ridge for details.
Special early bird hours for Season pass holders only, starting at 9 a.m. on Saturday. Be the first to get your season leases and shop the deals!
Saturday, Nov. 3 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. – Open to the public. Season leases & shopping
Sunday, Nov. 4 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. – Pick up unsold items
Oct. 15th from Oct. 2nd 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
If you’re looking to sell used equipment …
- Download the required inventory form and fill it out prior to dropping off your gear. Make two copies, one to keep for yourself and one for the Swap team. Do not fill out the Tag Number or Sold Price columns. Gear should be in fair to excellent condition and less than five years old.
- Bring your used gear to Powder Ridge. If you need help pricing your gear, our staff will be able to help you on-site.
- All items are tagged, and you’ll get the tag number so we know the gear belongs to you.
- On Sunday watch the Powder Ridge Park website and Facebook for a listing of items that have sold. (We’ll try to have this list up as soon as possible.)
- Pick up your unsold gear on Sunday by 2 p.m. Equipment not picked up will be donated to an organization selected by the organizer.
If you are a ski shop and interested in participating contact us at (866) 860-0208
Frequently Asked Questions
Will you be accepting credit cards for gear purchases?
Yes, we will be accepting credit cards and cash at the Swap. We will not be able to accept checks.
How do I price my gear?
You can use eBay or Craigslist as a general guide to see how much your gear is worth, but we strongly suggest pricing your gear lower than market value to help ensure a sale. We can also help with pricing. This year you will have the opportunity to reduce your price by 20% on Sunday if it has not sold. This is a two-day opportunity … and you want to sell your stuff!
How much do I get if my gear sells?
The owner will receive 80 percent of the sale amount, and a check will be mailed to you within 30 days. The Powder Ridge Ski Patrol receives 20 percent.
Are there any listing fees?
No. If your gear sells, you get 80 percent, but if your gear does not sell, you pay no fee.
What happens if my gear does not sell?
You’ll need to pick up your gear on Sunday, Nov. 5 between 1 p.m. and 2 p.m. If you do not pick it up, it will be donated.
How do I get to Powder Ridge?
We’re located at 99 Powder Hill Road in Middlefield, Connecticut.
Will there be food available?
Yes, The Ridgeside Tavern Opens at Noon on Saturday & Sundays located on the second floor of the lodge.