Challenge your co-workers to race a sled against other companies for a great cause. Friends and neighbors can join in on the fun with the family division. This year we are adding a costume tubing contest! Race the tubing runs in your best costume for prizes.
The race start time is noon, and this year proceeds benefit The John J. Nerden RTC Camp.
The John J.Nerden RTC Camp serves the community and the special people within it. Supported solely by private funding from local businesses, civic organizations, clubs and individuals, dedicated staff make this camp an invaluable resource every summer for children and adults with special needs.
- Design & Build a sled of any size using ONLY cardboard, duct tape, paint and any adhesive. Wax is ok.
- NO metal or wood will be allowed. Use of any “illegal materials” will lead to immediate disqualification.
- Sleds must have at least one passenger and max of four (4) passengers on a sled.
- You may have a rescue team “assisting the sled over the finish line.”
- A liability waiver must be signed by all passengers and participants.
- Helmets required for all sled passengers.
Awards will be given out for best design, funniest, most creative helmet and fastest speed.
Great team building and loads of fun for all!
Need boxes? Jim Moran at Moran’s TV & Appliance in Meriden has graciously said he could supply cardboard give them a call at (203) 237-4800.
- Standard Entry: $100 entry fee for each sled.
- Family Category: $30 per sled.
- Costume Tubing Contest: $20 for one run. Helmet & Tube provided. Sign up & pay onsite.
If you register and pay for the event by March 1, 2019 we have discounted early-bird pricing!
Those in the standard category can save $25 when you use the discount code boxsled at checkout.
Those in the Family Category save $10 when you use the discount code Sled at checkout.